Humantay, it is a small tourquoise glacial lake fed by the melting snow of the Humantay mountain (5967m) and located at 4,261 meteres above sea level.
Rodeado de una increíble vista de las montañas, incluido el Salkantay (6,271 metros), definitivamente es una pequeña caminata de un día que no debe perderse mientras esté en Cusco.
It aproximately takes 1 hour and 45 minutes climbing up the mountain from Soraypampa (3,820m)
Leaves: Every day from 05:30 to 17:00 (From Monday to Sunday)
Very early in the morning (approx 5:30 am) your mountain guide and our driver will pick up you from your hotel.
The first stop of the day will be at Mollepata to have breakfast and fill us with the energy we'll need to continue our trip up to Soraypampa at 3820m.a.s.l. After a brief rest we will prepare ourselves to start the trek upwards until we reach the highest point of the trail, on our way crossing wonderful landscapes surrounded by a complex of mountains.
You will surely be impressed with the panoramic view of seeing the turquoise lake at 4261 masl. close to an astounding glacier.
After we will return where their personnel will be waiting for us with lunch.
Our transport will be waiting for us to return to Cusco at 5pm approximately.
• Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
• Mountain tour guide (english and spanish).
• Touristic transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of the trek)
• Entrance to the Humantay Lake.
• First aid kit equipment.
• Transportation back to Cusco.
• Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
• Walking stick.
• Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
• Horseback ride (up and down).
What you need to take:
• Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
• Walking boots.
• Walking sticks
• Rain poncho
• Sun hat + sunglasses.
• Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
• Extra money (soles)
Group Service Price:
USA$30.00 per person for the group service, you travel with 15 other people.